I believe success should be measured not just by your financial well-being, but by how confident you feel about your future. My mission is to help you pursue your financial goals through a personal relationship based on personalized, knowledgeable advice. This focus is designed to help you pursue your goals, giving you greater confidence.
I am also a SmartVestor Pro Provider in the area of investing, and am very passionate about helping families that are referred to us from this program.
I am native to Colorado, and have been blessed with three awesome kids, Kade, Brock, and Brynn. I am lucky to spend most of my time outside of work with them. Our calendar is regularly booked with the kids in several sports, camping, hunting, fishing, boating, skiing, and enjoying all that Colorado has to offer.
Areas of Focus
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Investment Advice
- Retirement Planning Strategies
- Estate Planning
- Protection and Insurance
- I am licensed and registered to conduct business in CO.
- Based on licenses and registrations I hold, I may also conduct securities business in AK, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, HI, IA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NE, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OR, SC, SD, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, 2002
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC®)
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®)
- Series 24 Registration (All securities registrations are held through LPL Financial and GPS Wealth Strategies Group LLC.)
- Series 66 Registration (All securities registrations are held through LPL Financial and GPS Wealth Strategies Group LLC.)
- Series 7 Registration (All securities registrations are held through LPL Financial and GPS Wealth Strategies Group LLC.)
- Variable, Annuity, Life and Long Term Care Licenses
The SmartVestor program is a directory of investment professionals. Neither Dave Ramsey nor SmartVestor are affiliates of Aspen Wealth Management or LPL Financial.
Minimum Qualifications for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
Accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies, this designation is issued by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFPBS) and is granted to individuals who meet the following prerequisites: (1) meet the education requirement, (2) possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, (3) pass the CFP® Certification Examination, (4) have at least three years of full-time work experience in personal financial planning, and (5) pass the CFPBS Fitness Standards for Candidates and Registrants and Background Check. The education requirement can be met by completing a CFPBS registered education program or by applying for challenge status based on certain degrees or credentials. Once the initial CFP® designation is issued, the CFP® holder is required to complete 30 hours of continuing education every two years and must meet other standards administered by the CFPBS.
Minimum Qualifications for Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC )
A professional designation awarded by the College for Financial Planning to individuals who complete a study program and pass a final multiple-choice examination. Successful applicants earn the right to use the CRPC designation with their names for two years, which can improve job opportunities, professional reputation and pay. Every two years, CRPC professionals must complete 16 hours of continuing education and pay a small fee to continue using the designation.The CRPC program is developed with a focus on client-centered problem solving. Applicants gain in-depth knowledge of individuals' needs both before and after retirement. The study program to become a CRPC covers the entire retirement planning process, including meeting multiple financial objectives, sources of retirement income, personal savings, employer-sponsored retirement plans, income taxes, retirement cash flow, asset management, estate planning and more.
Minimum Qualifications for the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
The ChFC program is administered by the American College, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. This designation has the same core curriculum as the CFP® designation, plus two or three additional elective courses that focus on various areas of personal financial planning. In addition to successful completion of an exam on areas of financial planning, including income tax, insurance, investment and estate planning, candidates are required to have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a financial industry position.